About the Course
In this intensive hands-on class Vanessa will teach the necessary techniques to recreate her popular butterfly designs. You will learn various butterfly designs using the same techniques Vanessa uses, as well as placement on the face, the knowledge of understanding how to choose the right colors to brighten your butterflies, and tips on how to still be fast and effective.
Supplies to Bring
• Students must bring their own face painting kits
• Size brush suggestions: Round no. 2 and 3, 1/2 angle flat brush, 1/2 flat brush, 3/2 flat brush, 3/4 angled flat brush, 1” flat brush
• Small petal sponges
• Various split and rainbow cakes, wax-based black and white (such as DFX, Global, or Fusion) and any other single colors
• You are more than welcome to bring your own practice head or practice board. You can also paint on your arm or face. (However, please note the list of things that will be provided as well)
• Practice sheets of line work and brush strokes created by Vanessa
• Practice board for each student created by Vanessa
Payment/Reserving Your Seat
Please click on the Enroll button and complete the form. Once you’ve submitted the form an e-mail will be sent regarding payment. Payments must be made in full and will be accepted through Venmo, Zelle, or credit card (note there will be a 3.75% service fee for credit card charges).
• If a cancellation request is received via e-mail 61-100 days prior to workshop date, 50% of the workshop fee is forfeited.
• If a cancellation request is received via e-mail 31-60 days prior to workshop date, 75% of the workshop fee is forfeited.
• If a cancellation request is received via e-mail 1-30 days prior to workshop date, 100% of the workshop fee is forfeited.
Vanessa Mendoza has over 12 years of face painting experience and specializes in one-stroke techniques. She’s been an instructor at FABAIC, Kidvention, and ACE and is also a FabaTV instructor.